The theme of the contest is:
"World Food Security: the Challenges of Climate Change and Bioenergy".
We are looking forward to receive essays which are solution-oriented, and emphasize the importance of local actions in global questions. Visions of future role of the FAO as moderator in these actions are most welcome in the essays, based on the 63 years of fight against hunger, since its foundation.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone being a legal student of a university or college, located in Hungary, preferably on a faculty of agriculture, forestry or horticulture.
- Essays must be 5000 words or less, typed in English
- Essays must have a cover page indicating (1) essay title (2) your name (3) address (6) phone number (7) e-mail address (8) nationality (9) age (10) university and faculty name and grade.
- Entries may be submitted only by e-mail to the following address: Domonkos.Oze@fao.org
- Essays must be original and unpublished.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays will be assigned to the FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU).
Entries must be received by October 6, Monday, 2008
Winners will be notified via email and phone by 14 October 2008
Award winning essays will be published on the FAO REU web site (http://www.fao.org/world/regional/REU)
The following award will be given for the best 3 essays each:
1st-3rd Prize: Portable computer (notebook) and Certificate
Honourable mention will carry a certificate.
Prize winners will be invited to the official FAO World Food Day 2008 evening banquet organized by the Budapest located FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia, on 16 October 2008 at the Vajdahunyad Castle, Budapest.
Introduction of the winners and the award ceremony will take place at the same event.